Please get in touch with us if you:
- Have any suggestions
- Have any questions
- Have found an error/bug
- Anything else ...
To contact us, please .
Calories burned playing soccer (casual) for 15 minutes
How to calculate calories (burned)
The number of calories you burn while exercising is dependent on:
- the exercise you do
- your weight
- the time spent doing the activity
By multiplying the MET (*) value by the body weight in kg and the duration of the activity, you can estimate the energy expenditure in Kcal specific to a persons body weight. This statement can be expressed as the following formula:
So, a 70 kg individual playing soccer (casual) for 15 minutes expends the following:
(7 METs x 70 kg) x (15 min/60 min) = 122.5 Kcal.
- 7 is the value in METs for playing soccer (casual)
- The time unit is expressed in minutes
- The mass (weight) unit is expressed in kilograms
- We divide the time by 60 (min), because the MET unit uses hour.
(*) MET means 'metabolic equivalent'
Compendium of Physical Activities: an update of activity codes and MET intensities
AINSWORTH, BARBARA E.; HASKELL, WILLIAM L.; WHITT, MELICIA C.; IRWIN, MELINDA L.; SWARTZ, ANN M.; STRATH, SCOTT J.; O’BRIEN, WILLIAM L.; BASSETT, DAVID R. JR.; SCHMITZ, KATHRYN H.; EMPLAINCOURT, PATRICIA O.; JACOBS, DAVID R. JR.; LEON, ARTHUR S.
- MET Values for 800+ Activities